American School Hong Kong is committed to providing highly-motivated and talented students with an exceptional educational experience in a culturally-diverse environment. The program reinforces our commitment in promoting and recognizing excellence, while providing equal-opportunity access for admission to the school community. Merit and needs-based scholarships are available to deserving students. Scholarships awarded are individual to the applicant and range from partial to full tuition benefit and from single to multiple year offerings.
Who Can Apply?
The Scholarship Program is open to all elementary school and middle/high school student applicants who fall under one of the categories listed below:
- For students who demonstrate excellence or have consistently performed at a standard significantly above their peers in academics, arts, athletics, service, leadership or other areas
- For students who qualify for ASHK but could not otherwise afford the tuition fees at the school
- Please note that this is a means-tested award. Assistance is also available for the siblings of current ASHK students
- For students who are under-represented in the ASHK population in terms of their nationality, background, or life experiences, and whose presence will enrich the community
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Last two academic progress reports
- A reference letter from current teacher
The application will be processed only after the relevant supporting documents are submitted as follows:
- Merit-based scholarship: Certificates and/or other proof of such distinctions.
- Needs-based scholarship: Proof of parents’ financial standing (tax return, salary slip).
- Diversity scholarship: To be determined by ASHK.
Candidates will be assessed based on consideration of the above and with use of the school’s standard assessment test. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the School Director.