2. Personal data provided by you to the School through the process of admission is voluntary, but failure to provide relevant personal data may result in the School being unable to process your application. If admitted as a student of the School, your personal data provided during the application process will be transferred to the student record system of the School, and become part of your official student records.
3. The provision of personal data is voluntary, unless specified. However, failure to provide the relevant personal data may hinder certain relevant functions, e.g. unable to consider your application or to provide relevant consultations.
4. Customer Data collected from you and your family may be used, disclosed or processed for the purpose of:
- basis of selection for admission, qualification for scholarships, and communication on admission-related matters;
- evidence for verification of your child’s identity, qualification and academic records in relevant schools;
- applying to the corresponding Hong Kong authorities for relevant approvals or student passes for enrolment;
- providing academic references and/or educational history to any third party where reasonably needed;
- conducting surveys of parents and students to assess the performance of the School as a whole;
- responding to your questions and feedback;
- maintaining relationships with prospective families of the School for educational marketing or promotional purposes of the school and its affiliated schools and companies may use your personal data. Promotional information may be dispatched via direct marketing telephone calls, emails, SMS, direct mailings etc.
5. The collection of any personal data collected is stored securely in the School’s system and the School will take all practicable steps to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used. Only trained, authorized staff shall have access to the data, and the School does not release personal data to parties outside the School except:
- contractors and service providers (e.g. processing of student visa, arrangement of activities such as exchanges, internships, placements and field trips, granting of scholarships and financial aids);
- our affiliated schools and companies;
- regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and courts.
7. In case an application for admission to the School is jointly offered or collaborated by the School and its partner institution(s) or organisation(s), your personal data provided to the School may be transferred to the partner institution(s) or organisation(s) concerned for the purposes.
8. If at any time in the future you do not wish to receive marketing promotional information from us with respect to the School or our affiliated schools, you may opt-out anytime by the link within our newsletter or contact the School’s marketing department at +852 3919 4111 to update your preference. As soon as you opt-out, we will remove your e-mail id from our database in a reasonable timeframe; however, you can opt back in at any time.
9. You have the right to request access to and/or correct the personal data collected by the School about you and your family. Requests for correction of personal data should be made in writing with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and the School shall respond to such requests as soon as possible.