ASHK is operated by Esol Education, the world’s largest operator of international American schools, with 40 years of expertise in establishing and operating international schools worldwide. ASHK opened in September 2016 with Kindergarten to Grade 6. ASHK added Middle School classes in 2017 and our High School program will begin in 2019 at our Tai Po Campus in Hong Kong.
Middle School Science / Mathematics Teacher (Gr 7 – 9)
For 2019/20, this position is Middle School (Grade 7 & 8) Science along with High School (Grade 9) Science and High School (Grade 9) Mathematics. In subsequent years, as the school adds an additional grade each year, we see the position transitioning to full time Science.
Requirements for Teaching Positions
- University/College Degree
- Professional Teacher Qualification (B Ed. M Ed. PGDE)
- At least two years relevant teaching experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least two years relevant experience in an International School setting
- Practical experience with US Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- Practical experience with “STEAM” (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics) programs
- Demonstrated use of technology in teaching practice
- Demonstrated commitment to leading co-curricular activities
- A positive, caring, collaborative team player
- Expression of interest
- One-page statement of educational philosophy
- Current CV with photograph
- Letters of Reference and the contact details of three supervisors (at least one who is current)
Please submit all documents in a single PDF file to email@example.com
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.