ASHK is operated by Esol Education, the world’s largest operator of international American schools, with 40 years of expertise in establishing and operating international schools worldwide. ASHK opened in September 2016 with Kindergarten to Grade 6. ASHK added Middle School classes in 2017 and our High School program will begin in August 2019 at our Tai Po campus in Hong Kong.
- Manage circulation desk and assist teachers and students with loans and returns of library resources.
- Manage student, faculty, and parent accounts within OPAC system. Support IT Department in collecting information to create student accounts and IDs.
- Maintain an accurate system of library records, data, and users.
- Maintain supply of magazine & newspapers subscriptions.
- Sort and reshelve books daily and maintain tidiness of the library.
- Produce library publications and displays to promote library programs, activities and resources.
- Help design and maintain the library web page(s).
- Recruit and manage parent volunteers to support a variety of administrative tasks within the library.
- Support Teacher Librarian with lessons, behavior management, and supervision as needed.
- Contact local suppliers to maintain book covering and library supplies.
- Promote a lifelong love of reading and libraries to all!
- Perform other duties as directed by the Teacher Librarian.
- Certificate in Librarianship
- Ability to catalog material both in English and Chinese, experience with Follett Destiny OPAC system preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate with students and parents and to support teaching staff with checking out and recommending books
- Experience working with children in education or childcare / playgroup setting
- Excellent IT skills including Office applications and Google Apps
- A positive, caring, collaborative team player with strong communication skills and loves to work with children and loves to read
Please submit a cover letter, current CV with photograph, and the names and contact details of three references in a single PDF document to email@example.com